Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel1820815
Contributor
Jump to solution

Identity Awareness - Could not connect to AD server

Hello everyone,

I tried to test the Identity Awareness Blade on my lab and connect to a AD server but always got the error message on SmartDashboard (R80.30):

"SmartDashboard could not connect to x.x.x.x - Could not communicate with server."

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-22 um 16.41.27.jpg

I did several troubleshooting things like mentioned on the link below:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

I can connect to the AD server without any error from the cli on my security gateway using "test_ad_connectivity" and "ldapsearch" but from SmartDashboard it does not work.

I moved on with checking the box "Ignore the errors and continue to configure the LDAP account" and put in the login DN which worked fine. I also activated Browser-based Authentication which I could test successfully from my test client.

I did a packet capture on the AD server to check if there is any traffic from the security gateway to the AD server during the activation of AD Query within the Wizard, but there are no packets arrived on the AD server.

I also tried to add a LDAP Account Unit before activating the Identity Awareness blade, so that you can choose it from the dropdown within the configuration wizard. Adding the LDAP Account Unit worked also without errors, but during the AD Query activation it failed again to connect like before.

Anyone had similar issues or any experiences with that error?

12 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events