cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karan0587
Explorer

How to send automatic reports from smart 1 connected firewalls

Hi Guys,

I have deployed 3 firewalls connected through Infinity portal(smart 1) and i am looking to schedule general overview reports which give the overview of the network security .

All i am getting is to setup a SMTP server , can someone guide me if it is possible to send the reports.

For eg reports can be scheduled from SMB portal .

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Who or what is telling you to "setup an SMTP server" exactly?

0 Kudos
Karan0587
Explorer

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Karan0587  you have to setup and run your own SMTP server, elsewhere in the world or you have to use an existing which allows you to relay messages. The DNS name or IP-address of this server has to be defined in your shown configuration. Smart-1 cloud will use this SMTP server to send your scheduled reports.

0 Kudos
Karan0587
Explorer

@Wolfgang Thanks for the reply, we have a customer on SMP portal where the administrators get an automatic reports ( general weekly) that you can schedule without the need of setting SMTP server.

The reason why i am asking this question is as SMP portal is getting integrated into infinity portal , customer would be expecting both reports to come automatically.

FYI 

Customer has 2 6600 firewalls connected through infinity portal(smart1)

Customer has 5 SMB boxes(soon to be 50) connected through SMP portal- he is getting weekly reports automatically

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Karan0587 that's something I don't know. Reports from SMP are send via mailserver from Check Point. Reports from SmartEvent in InfinityPortal are send via another (your own) mailserver not the one from Check Point.

Tagging @Chris_Atkinson , How about the integration of SMP in InfinityPortal and the generation and sending of reports. Some changes?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Indeed the approaches are different here as are the target market. 

Suggest discussing it as an RFE with your local SE if it's critical. 

i.e. For an enterprise having a mail relay is probably more common than SMB with less infrastructure.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Does your Smart-1 Cloud license include SmartEvent or did you not opt for it?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)