cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekagan
Participant

rulebase / policy export from enforcement gateway

Hi there,

Couldn't find anything similar, so here it goes.

I need to integrate Checkpoint firewalls into an existing scripted solution. The requirement is to export the entire policy / rulebase / object definitions in human or machine readable form. But there's a catch. I only have access to the gateways and not to the management server. Any ideas? Version is R77.30.

Thanks,

Eli

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If it's at all possible to get access to the management station, this will make the task significantly easier.
What is stored on the gateways is in compiled form in $FWDIR/state/local/FW1.
We do not have a documented process or tools outside of Professional Services to recover the data from these directories.
0 Kudos
ekagan
Participant

What about file is $FWDIR/database directory?  They sort of look like my policy?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is definitely some stuff in there as well.
There's an SK that talks about clearing both directories in case of some corruption: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Between $FWDIR/database and $FWDIR/state/local/FW1, you may be able to recover what you need.
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

either way, you cannot convert compiled policies into human readable form without very hard effort. get access to the management station for that.

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

@ekagan you write:

CUT>>>

I only have access to the gateways and not to the management server. Any ideas?

<<<CUT

Why don't you have access to management? Is it a password problem or is the server damaged?

If it is a password problem you can reset the GAIA password and then set a new console password with "cpconfig".

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
ekagan
Participant

My scripting host doesn't have access... I do.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events