Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_S_1
Participant
Jump to solution

how do you delete an Inline Layer / sub-policy rule?

I am trying to delete a policy rule that uses an Inline object / sub policy. When I go to attempt to delete the rule, the SmartConsole feeeback says it cannot be deleted, because the inline object is being used elsewhere:

Inline Object cannot be deleted.png
Do I have to simply change the action to something else first like 'accept' or 'drop', ie. change the action to something else, anything, other than the inline object before I can delete the rule itself? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you attempting to delete the inline layer itself or a rule inside the inline layer?
In the former case, yes, you need to change the action of the top-level rule to something like Accept or Drop, which effectively removes the inline layer from the policy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you attempting to delete the inline layer itself or a rule inside the inline layer?
In the former case, yes, you need to change the action of the top-level rule to something like Accept or Drop, which effectively removes the inline layer from the policy.

0 Kudos
Martin_S_1
Participant

I am attempting to delete the inline layer itself. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Note that removing the layer from the rule only removes the layer from the Policy Package.
It may still exist elsewhere in the configuration.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events