cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcrazy
Participant
Jump to solution

dynamic_balancing in HA pair

Reviewing configurations, found that primary and secondary have different configs for dynamic_balancing. 

primary> show dynamic-balancing state
CLINFR0699  Invalid command.

secondary> show dynamic-balancing state

Dynamic Balancing is currently On

Would it be recommended to have these match? If so, is it better to take the reboot on the primary or disable on the secondary?

Also, it seems that this was turned on last week. Where can I find cli or audit logs to tell me exactly what happened and who did it?

I've consulted these references:

sk164155

R80.40 Performance Tuning Administration Guide
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is not expected, feature's state should not affect Clish ability to show it.

Sometimes a trailing character is added when you copy commands, can this be the case?

Are you sure both are running the same version/take? do other Clish commands work?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, these need to match.
The fact you are getting an invalid command on one of the nodes suggests they are not at the same JHF level.
Confirm they are (JHF 25 or above is required).
See also: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk164155 

bcrazy
Participant

Both are at Take 139. I believe that the documentation mentions a reboot the first time this feature is enabled, then it can be disabled or enabled without interruption. To me, this implies that there is a daemon running for the feature which is started up or installed the first time the feature is enabled. But I'm reading into the docs here, so I could be completely wrong.

Since the primary is running without this feature enabled, and you say they should match, I'm thinking to disable this feature on the secondary. This seems to be the default and recommended setting according to docs. Am I looking at this the right way?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'm still confused why clish is not allowing the command on one member.
But, you are correct: this is not enabled by default on R80.40 and can be safely disabled.
In R81 and above, it is enabled by default. 

0 Kudos
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is not expected, feature's state should not affect Clish ability to show it.

Sometimes a trailing character is added when you copy commands, can this be the case?

Are you sure both are running the same version/take? do other Clish commands work?

bcrazy
Participant

I ran a compare operation for the output of 'show version all' from each member. Identical versions. I'll go ahead and open a case for the unexpected output from the primary member.

Other commands do work, no other output or commands have been identified as differing.

Thank you all for the assistance.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events