but the others?

Anybody any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee++
Employee++

Indeed these are all prefixes for various of bug types (P is for Product by the way). It is depend where these bugs were found and/or how it was release to the field. 

The reason that we expose these values is, as mentioned  previously in the thread - to give the option to compare between several SKs ( example - to see if specific issue was solved in the Jumbo) 

PRHF - Private hotfix , found on the field and fixed as private hotfix  ( PRHF)

PRJ- Fixed in the Jumbo 

PMTR -  Found and fixed on main-train 

MBS - found/added as part of other projects ( MBS for example , but can be other projects as well)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Admin
Admin

Those look like prefixes for various bug types, with each one being relevant for a different R&D team.
In what precise context are you seeing it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Collaborator

I see them  in a SK relating to a bug reported by us (SK168881).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

I would call them internal abbreviations without any use for others 😎.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Admin
Admin

PRHF - private hotfix, PRJ - private jumbo, MBS is not important 🙂

Should not be exposed, I have escalated it to the relevant teams.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Should not be exposed? It is possible to compare the numbers from an SK (or a privat HF crs.xml file) to the numbers in the List of resolved issues per Jumbo HotFix Take - i find that valuable 😎

Highlighted
Employee++
Employee++

Indeed these are all prefixes for various of bug types (P is for Product by the way). It is depend where these bugs were found and/or how it was release to the field. 

The reason that we expose these values is, as mentioned  previously in the thread - to give the option to compare between several SKs ( example - to see if specific issue was solved in the Jumbo) 

PRHF - Private hotfix , found on the field and fixed as private hotfix  ( PRHF)

PRJ- Fixed in the Jumbo 

PMTR -  Found and fixed on main-train 

MBS - found/added as part of other projects ( MBS for example , but can be other projects as well)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee+
Employee+

small correction - the prefixes have nothing to do to where the issues were found, just to where they were first added to the code. so PRHF was first delivered as a private fix, PRJ to a Jumbo, PMTR was first integrated to a main-train version, and the same for specific project prefixes.