Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mph
Explorer

Turning down Vlan interfaces for specific instances (VSX R77.30 )

I have a environment which has two data centers,   in an active passive configuration..         Virtual Servers can be migrated from one site to the other.     There is a requirement that the IP address's for servers dont' change if they are migrated.       

At a network layer, this is a little problematic, as the vlan interfaces on the FW instances stay turn on, which means that the routing tables for the two datacenters  both have routes for the local vlans. ( even though only one is actually 'alive'.   

These firewall instances are set up across a cluster.    What i'd like to do is set the state of the interfaces to off. 

set interface  eth9.99 state down

In theory this should remove the routes from the firewall, and it will stop redistributing them into OSPF.    

Is there any issues with doing this, particually in a cluster?    This can easily be automated as part of the DR 'failover'. 
Right now there is some very complex Nat going on, and i'd like to clean it up.  ( there is not ever a case where both locations need to be 'alive' at the same time.

TIA>

0 Kudos
0 Replies

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)