Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nickel

Traffic between 2 users connected to Remote Access.

Hello,

I have a simple question, is possible to allow 2 users connected through Remote Access in the same Gateway to talk each other? I am trying to ping another Laptop connected in RA but I cannot but I can ping both devices from internal LAN. Thanks!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Admin
Admin

Technically, with Office Mode IP addresses, VPN routing through GW is possible. However, these IP assignments are dynamic, hence in practice it is really hard to achieve.

So, the practical answer is, most probably no

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nickel

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. IPs being assigned dynamically is not a problem, the thing is that we need that two users connected to RA VPN access, should be able to talk using Cisco Jabber, so I need IP connectivity between these users.  I have select the Hub Mode option (Allow VPN Clients to route traffic through this gateway) but it does not work :-(. I think that there should be a solution for this, two remote users being able to call and talk each other using VoIP is not an uncommon scenario.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Admin
Admin

Check you have specifically allow Jabber connectivity through VPN tunnel. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

You probably need to add the Office Mode network to the VPN Domain of the gateway.  If that doesn't help, double check the traffic logs and see if it gives an indication as to why this doesn't work.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nickel

Yes, I have added the network in the VPN Domain for Remote Access and I even add a rule to permit traffic between remote access pool network and remote access pool network .

The thing is that I have the same scenario on a Cisco ASA and it works, two users connected to RA VPN are able to call each other using Jabber.

Looking the Checkpoint Logs, I cannot find anything related this traffic but I can see that my PC is sending the traffic to the firewall when I try to reach another user connected to RA VPN. I was able to see it using Wireshark. There is something in the Checkpoint which is dropping this traffic silently but I cannot find the reason 😞

Thanks.

0 Kudos