cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lockout888
Explorer

Time Limits Not Killing Active Connections

Hello,

I'm running R80.30 and I have a rule setup to drop any traffic from a specific IP range to the Internet, every day from Midnight until 0600.

The rule is working and does not allow any new connections during that time, but it doesn't drop active connections. In SmartView Tracker, I can see a few connections still open from that IP range, and users are still online.  I have to use the Block Intruder feature and drop the connection for 5 minutes. New connections are not allowed at that point until 0600.

Is there a way for the rule to drop active connections?  Or will I have to run some kind of script to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You'll have to run some sort of script to do it.
It would probably be a fairly simple crontab using fw samp or similar.
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Agree with Phoneboy here that you will need to use a script, time ranges are only checked as a rule matching condition at connection start time, and never checked again once the connection is initially allowed.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Lockout888
Explorer

Thanks @PhoneBoy & @Timothy_Hall.

Would this work?

Scheduled Job on GAIA web management on Gateway.  Command to run: fw sam -t 300 -J subsrc <IP> <Netmask>

0 Kudos
Lockout888
Explorer

Did some testing and it seems to work with this:

Scheduled Job on Gateway GAIA Portal. Command to run: source /etc/profile.d/CP.sh ; fw sam -t 300 -J subsrc <IP> <Netmask>

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events