Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EduAQA
Participant

R81 DemoPoint not starting Windows-client

Does anybody was able to start the Windows-Client machine from jump server?

I'm not able to RDP to client machine ... timeout, like been not available anymore

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Ofir_Shikolski can you look into this?

0 Kudos
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

please check if your RDP connect is blocked by your security device / ISP .

0 Kudos
EduAQA
Participant

blocked RDP? let me explain better:

I'm going to the online lab, using browser, and then from the jump server (inside the lab), I'm trying RDP to the windows client (also inside the lab)

So, I'm not doing RDP from my network to the online lab.

0 Kudos
EduAQA
Participant

Adding some more information

The firewall R81 of the lab, does not detect any traffic from the jump-server (10.128.0.7), and almost make sense because it's on the same network as the external port of the firewall. The "End User Host 1" (192.168.101.5) is on a different network as should ... the gateway for the jump-server is 10.128.0.1 ... so maybe the gateway 10.128.0.1 don't know that network 192.168.101.0/24 is behind the firewall and does not route the traffic accordingly

Or maybe it's just me that doesn't know how to use the environment correct.

0 Kudos
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

Access to the environment :
RDP to jump-server or HTTP to guacamole

The lab is from win-victim to the interment and not for the jump-server.
The jump-server is for management access , use the Mobaxterm to connect.
Cookbook : https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_d...

EduAQA
Participant

Thanks for try to help, I have the documentation from the training session we did a few weeks ago

But, I'm not able to match the documentation with the Labs site itself, just as example it says that jump-server has interface for the 3 192.168.x.x network, however the jump-server 10.128.0.7 as described on the page of the lab where we start the VMs

Does anyone else have the simple steps to tell me how to reach the Windows-Client machine on the network 192.168.101.0 ... On the firewall there are zero traffic from any network 192.168.x.x 

If somebody can give the steps I appreciate.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events