Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Jump to solution

R80 CCSE available any time soon?

Its CCSE renewal time coming up - wondering if the R80 exam material and exams will be around soon enough to justify waiting? I read somewhere that they were going to hit late Q2 2016?

Has anyone renewed their CCSE doing the R77 or R77 upgrade exams recently? Got any study material worth looking at?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ATC_Email_Alias
Employee
Employee

The roadmap for the R80 certification training course release is CCSA in July, then CCSE will be development and released the second half of H2.

There will be new CCSA, CCSE and CCSE Update exams for R80.  Each exam will be available at PearsonVUE approximately one month after the training course and material are available at our ATC partner sites.

The ATC partner channel is the best path to get your R80 certification training!

R77.30 training courses and exams will remain available through at least Q1 2017.

Toni Ponder

Manager,
Training Programs and Certification | Education Services 

Check Point Software Technologies | tponder@checkpoint.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ATC_Email_Alias
Employee
Employee

The roadmap for the R80 certification training course release is CCSA in July, then CCSE will be development and released the second half of H2.

There will be new CCSA, CCSE and CCSE Update exams for R80.  Each exam will be available at PearsonVUE approximately one month after the training course and material are available at our ATC partner sites.

The ATC partner channel is the best path to get your R80 certification training!

R77.30 training courses and exams will remain available through at least Q1 2017.

Toni Ponder

Manager,
Training Programs and Certification | Education Services 

Check Point Software Technologies | tponder@checkpoint.com

0 Kudos
Raj_Khatri
Advisor

Any idea when the R80 CCSE exam and/or R80 Update exam be available?  It was supposed to be H2 2016.

I would like to update my R77.30 CCSE certification.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The next version of the CCSE class will be for version R80.10, followed by a refresh of the CCSA class from R80 to R80.10.  Timeline for availability is obviously dependent on the release of R80.10, which is currently in early availability.

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Just an update: the CCSE R80.10 and CCSA R80.10 classes were released to Check Point ATCs March 31st, and there has been some chatter on the ATC instructor mailing list as ATCs start setting up and testing the new labs in their training environments.  Lab hardware requirements increased substantially for the CCSE R80.10 class in particular, so it may take a bit longer for ATCs to roll this class out.

--

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Shaun_T
Explorer

Hi All,

I'm just curious, I'm looking to sit my CCSA R80 exam within a month. During my course we were advised on some of the changes in R80.1 but does this mean I would have to do CCSA R80.1 exam of some description due to changes before moving towards CCSE R80.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The main focus of CCSA R80 was the management side of things, and since R80.10 management has not changed a huge amount between R80 and R80.10 (certainly not nearly as much as R77.30 -> R80) the CCSA R80.10 course is not that much different from CCSA R80.  The major additions in CCSA R80.10 are the addition of a HTTPS Inspection lab and a few new lab tidbits with inline policy layers and Content Awareness.  I don't expect the exam to change much between CCSA R80 and CCSA R80.10, so I doubt if you obtain CCSA R80 certification that you'll be required to get CCSA R80.10 to then be able obtain CCSE R80.10.

The CCSE R80.10 course however is substantially different than CCSE R77.30, and there was never a R80 version of CCSE.

--

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events