Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

New Checkmates is not for me.

New Checkmates...well I used to use checkmates alot and no, I do not like the new checkmates at all.  The old was much easier to follow threads and see all the content on a post.  I presume checkmates is for us, all checkpoint users...I did not vote for the new checkmates, the old was just fine.

And what a waste of screen real estate.  I don't want gobs of white space, I want my screen filled with content.  I have tried to like this but the end result is: I just look elsewhere for support info.

4 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

The old one is still around in ReadOnly mode: checkpoint.jiveon.com

Anyway, if it's really just the design of the new site I recommend creating an alternative design and share it with us. There are good Userscript tools available (Tampermonkey and others) that will allow you to load different designs for websites you visit.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Staying on the existing platform was not a long-term option.
The platform we are now using (Lithium) has been around for quite some time and is used by many companies similar to ours.

We are still working through various issues with the new platform.
This includes some issues with the look and feel of the new site.
Unlike the previous platform, which had limited customization options in this regard, it's something we can (and will) address over time.

We are happy to receive constructive feedback about where we can improve things.
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Thank you all for the feedback, this is really a user issue on my end.  Trying to find relevant content quickly is always my goal and it's harder in this new version.  Thanks for sharing the More/Threads You Participated In like - can this be a preference to show this link on my landing page?

Also, sorry for the poor choice of words, Checkmates is for me - I use it every day.  And yes, I have 2 high severity TAC cases that have been open for 2 months, frustrating.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Can't really set a "default" landing page per user at the moment, but it is a potentially interesting idea.
You can always bookmark the relevant link in the meantime.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events