cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramakrishnan
Contributor

Multi Domain Server and Domain Server

Dears, 

I am setting up a lab to work and demonstrate policy migration package tool ..! [Basically moving a policy from one CMA to another where both of them on same MDM]

I have below setup 

1 - Multi Domain Management server 

1 - Security Gateway & Management [Named as North America CMA/DMS]

1 - Security Gateway & Management [Named as Europe CMA/DMS]

I have successfully install Multi domain management server, But I don't know how to attach NA CMA into MDM. 

I refer Admin guide and followed the given instruction...

But still I am unable to connect domain and gateway from MDM. Can you please help me..?

Attached screenshot for reference.... Both from MDM and Domain 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

It would be cool if Check Point's DemoPoint labs would offer MDSM, VSX demos.
Would save the work of having to set up such demo labs just for minor verifications in MDSM, VSX environments.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Agree, Danny. The issue is about the complexity of the such environment. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Are you trying to connect an externally installed SMS as a domain server? If so, this is not how the admin guide describes it.

You set up a primary domain server on your MDSM itself, and connect an external SMS as part of the domain MGMT HA:

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi 

You create the Domains (CMAs) in the SmartConsole connected directly to the MDS.

In each Domain you have the option to define the Security Gateway - as you would normally have if working in a Security Management Server.

0 Kudos
ramakrishnan
Contributor

Actually I am try to achieve this scenario as showed in the figure [1]. So I wants to simulate the use case moving firewall policy from one CMA to another. Two standalone CP firewall I spin up (Security Management and Security Gateway), then I add them into MDM server (NA and Eurp) domain namingly...Though I deploy as GW and Management why I am unable to update service blades (firewall) but in the dashboard showing security gateway. [2] and [3]  Where I did mistake.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

A standalone device (with firewall and management installed on same device) cannot be added into a Multi-Domain Environment.
More specifically, it's because the device is being managed by a different device (itself).
You will need to reinstall this gateway without management.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events