cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor
Jump to solution

Installing BYOL on Checkpoint Cloudguard

I am trying to install BYOL Licenses on a Checkpoint Cloudguard cluster in AWS. As far as i remember after uploading the license file via smartconsole a command is to be run on Management Server CLI to distribute licenses to the Firewall Instances.

Can anyone help me with that command..i am struggling to find it.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin
Nicholas_Cuba
Contributor
Contributor

vsec_lic_cli ? Could this be the command you are looking for?

CloudGuard Network Central License Tool R80.20 and Higher Administration Guide 

If you do you use this tool, I've found it much easier to forego the license file attachment in SmartConsole, and just utilize the two cplic put commands that come in the license instructions.

Very basic instructions:  Run the first one on the command line of the management server. Then copy the second command, starting at the management's IP address. You don't need the "cplic put [module name]" part, just everything after that. Type the command out vsec_lic_cli add followed by pasting that copied portion of the gateway command. Then run vsec_lic_cli distribute to parse it out to the gateways.

If you've got something more complex, I'll refer you to the Administration Guide that I've linked. Also of note, R80.40 and higher CloudGuard Central License Known Limitations  is pretty explicit about issue ID PMTR-3957. Don't use the SmartUpdate application once you start using the central license tool.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin
LostBoY
Advisor

This worked .. thanks

0 Kudos
Nicholas_Cuba
Contributor
Contributor

vsec_lic_cli ? Could this be the command you are looking for?

CloudGuard Network Central License Tool R80.20 and Higher Administration Guide 

If you do you use this tool, I've found it much easier to forego the license file attachment in SmartConsole, and just utilize the two cplic put commands that come in the license instructions.

Very basic instructions:  Run the first one on the command line of the management server. Then copy the second command, starting at the management's IP address. You don't need the "cplic put [module name]" part, just everything after that. Type the command out vsec_lic_cli add followed by pasting that copied portion of the gateway command. Then run vsec_lic_cli distribute to parse it out to the gateways.

If you've got something more complex, I'll refer you to the Administration Guide that I've linked. Also of note, R80.40 and higher CloudGuard Central License Known Limitations  is pretty explicit about issue ID PMTR-3957. Don't use the SmartUpdate application once you start using the central license tool.

LostBoY
Advisor

Thanks..

So all i had to do is put the license in mgmt via cplic and then issue vsec_lic_cli on and vsec_lic_cli distribute

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)