Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c48ccc4d-374a-4
Explorer
Jump to solution

CheckPoint R80.10 NAT-lease settings

Hi all!

I've set up the NAT for one /24 private net to ip-range that containts /24 public net.

Now NAT is working,  but as static, despite of my HIDE setting. I mean that one host with private ip-address is always receiving the same public ip.

How can I change this, if I need different public ip in every session for the same private ip?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

As Dameon said, you can't.  If you are doing a static /24 to /24 NAT the IP addresses will map one-for-one with only the network potion of the address (first three octets) changing as a result of the NAT operation.  If you attempt to do this with a Hide NAT (I typically call this NAT "many to fewer" but in your case it is a "many to many" hide) a private host will always draw the same public IP address as specified here:

sk105302: Traffic NATed behind an Address Range object is always NATed behind the same IP address

You can't round-robin or rotate through public IP addresses for connections initiated from the same internal private address.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You can't have a single private IP map outbound connections to multiple public IPs.
What's the use case for this?
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

As Dameon said, you can't.  If you are doing a static /24 to /24 NAT the IP addresses will map one-for-one with only the network potion of the address (first three octets) changing as a result of the NAT operation.  If you attempt to do this with a Hide NAT (I typically call this NAT "many to fewer" but in your case it is a "many to many" hide) a private host will always draw the same public IP address as specified here:

sk105302: Traffic NATed behind an Address Range object is always NATed behind the same IP address

You can't round-robin or rotate through public IP addresses for connections initiated from the same internal private address.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events