cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ted_Serreyn
Contributor

migration from on premise endpoint to cloud sandblast agent

Jump to solution

Ok so I was told that there was a procedure to migrate a client from on premise endpoint server to cloud (infinity portal) sandblast agent?

However the person I was talking with has so far failed to deliver.

Does anyone know what the procedure is going to be?  I was thinking that there should be a migrate export/migrate import type of migration for this to move all the settings.

Is there a reason with endpoint that we can't define cloud endpoint as a "fake" policy server, so when the other policy servers and on premise mangement go away, the clients just start talking to the new ip of the cloud sandblast agent?  Is the reconnect tool really required here to reconnect all the clients to the new endpoint server.

I know that we can take a staged approach to move new clients to the cloud portal, but I am looking to migrate 900 plus clients.  I would really like this to be somewhat transparent to the end user if possible.

I am working to come up with a good procedure so I can test with a small depl

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee
Employee

@Ted_Serreyn  it's on our plate for 2021, if urgent I suggest to proceed by submitting an RFE. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Brad_Muller
Explorer

I was able to work this out with the help of John Morris (Checkpoint) and his team. I'm attaching a word document for instructions. I've also shared with TAC, so hopefully they will write up an SK.

When signing into the new Smartconsole (downloaded from Service Management), you will need to change the server (pull down) to the cloud. The token they are looking for is the Service Identifier, which can be copied from Service Management tab. Then just sign in with admin and the new password you created in step 4.

Another note, the portal does not match 1-1 on all areas of the on-prem server. But if you use the newly download SmartConsole you can do the one-to-one manual copy. Unfortunately, there is no export (at least that I've found) of the blocked application list.

6 Replies
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee
Employee

Please raise a TAC ticket, they can assist.

Share the ticket number w/ me, and I'll help you expedite its resolution.

0 Kudos
Ted_Serreyn
Contributor

Here is the TAC response:

I got reply from the internal team and they said is not possible for you test out migrations from on-Prem to EPMass.

It can only be done by PS and R&D, and i know you said you do not want to pay you will need to reach out to your sales team for that.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments for us on Tech support.

0 Kudos
Ted_Serreyn
Contributor

As a long time Checkpoint VAR, I would like to know how exactly I am supposed to recommend moving to the cloud for an existing customer?

These are loyal checkpoint customers who have run endpoint before the cloud management even existed.

It seems that checkpoint does not have a plan for their existing customer base, other than to charge them more money to move to the latest version.

0 Kudos
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee
Employee

@Ted_Serreyn  it's on our plate for 2021, if urgent I suggest to proceed by submitting an RFE. 

0 Kudos
Ted_Serreyn
Contributor

Yeah I guess I’m not going to be recommending migrating to the cloud until that time for any of my existing customers and would advise other VARs the same.

It’s hard to be put in the middle like this as a VAR.  customers want to know how to migrate and what the impact is to them.  This is part of the Value Add that we provide as resellers.

0 Kudos
Brad_Muller
Explorer

I was able to work this out with the help of John Morris (Checkpoint) and his team. I'm attaching a word document for instructions. I've also shared with TAC, so hopefully they will write up an SK.

When signing into the new Smartconsole (downloaded from Service Management), you will need to change the server (pull down) to the cloud. The token they are looking for is the Service Identifier, which can be copied from Service Management tab. Then just sign in with admin and the new password you created in step 4.

Another note, the portal does not match 1-1 on all areas of the on-prem server. But if you use the newly download SmartConsole you can do the one-to-one manual copy. Unfortunately, there is no export (at least that I've found) of the blocked application list.