cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aliaksandr_Banu
Explorer

Use DMU 2.2 to recover data

Hi folks,

I am trying to recover data from old hard drive which is locked (red screen). I tried DMU 1.6 and it says "no database users found", then I tried DMU 2.2 and it see some database and ask about name/pass. And it works good - if I put wrong pass it says "wrong" if I put correct it passes.

But, there is issue after I provide name/pass to it. It shows me error lightbox with message "report was not generated. error code 5001604 (0)".

More details: I use DMU 2.2 on win10 with visual C++ package 2008 as described in the doc.

Who know, what is error code 5001604 (0) means and have I chance to recover my data with name\pass? Or I need to get somehow recovery file? And do you know recovery file must exist checkpoint server side? (I use my PC by customer policy with checkpoint and they have setting blades on their side, so might they have recovery file or where I can get the recovery file?)

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It doesn't appear that is necessary.

Refer to the following SK: How to retrieve data using Dynamic Mount Utility 

I recommend engaging with our TAC to understand what might be causing the error you're seeing.

Aliaksandr_Banu
Explorer

Hi Dameon,

thanks for reply.

But I used this link and my question is about how to do with problem I have, not need to read this topic (by link) once again. Either I do something wrong, or my case is only recovery file is required - but when I can get it then? And what the error code means.

About TAC, as I got that's something I don't have access - that's not help Smiley Sad. Or might be there is email where I can send my Qs?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The location of the recovery file will depend on what was configured when the drive was originally encrypted.

It will most likely be some sort of SMB or web share.

You will have to ask whoever originally encrypted the drive where this is.

Also you can only authenticate to DMU with an account that has explicit permissions for recovery and uninstall, which is most likely not your standard user account.

My guess is that this what the error message is related to.

If you don't have the recovery file (which I believe also requires authentication) or a user account with appropriate permissions, I'm afraid there's not much that can be done to recover the files. 

Aliaksandr_Banu
Explorer

Hi Dameon,

as I got, to use DMU I need admin name/pass and hardness in my case is cause customer didn't have account on my PC before, and now this name\pass is not in DB even if they try to input it...

in that case it looks like recovery file is only chance to restore?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's correct.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events