cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjfsoares
Explorer

Pause Harmony Endpoint protection

Hello,

We are, currently, migrating from a Kaspersky solution to Harmony Endpoint. As so we are still used to the old way of doing things. This moment we are trying to pause Harmony Endpoint protections, in order to perform some troubleshooting in a device. Is it possible? How can we do it?

Thank You very much,

Cláudio Soares

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hello,

Check sk178665, it says E86.40 brings this feature "Enhancement: In the new user interface, the administrator can allow the user to enable and disable blades." After switching your endpoint client to the new user interface, go to Menu > Overview > Edit Capabilities, and disable waht you need. I am not sure exactly how this feature works as i was not able to find more details on documentation. HTH.

Regards

cjfsoares
Explorer

Hello RS_Daniel,

Thank you for your help. 

Not exactly what I was looking for. That way any user can turn off the blades. I need something only an admin can do. Like, to turn off protection, you need an admin password. That way, users will keep disabling blades.

Regards

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

It's somewhat different than doing it through policy.

If you disable a feature (Like Anti-Malware) through policy the inspection does stop, but the service itself is still running, albeit at "idle".

If you use an E86.40 or newer client and use the "Edit Capabilities" option with the new interface, the service itself will be stopped entirely.
I myself keep a "DISABLE BLADE" policy at the top of my rulesets with an empty virtual group as placeholder. That way I can disable blades when troubleshooting without much hassle.

But this built-in capability of the client makes that even easier, though it's unlikely that we'll be moving straight to E86.40 & newer just because of this.

Current recommended version is still quite good.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events