Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKY_Alex
Explorer
Jump to solution

How long does a checkpoint user account and password remain valid?

I have laptop encrypted from a former employer and yesterday my login and password just stopped going through. It's been 2 years since leaving them and I never removed the endpoint encryption. I'm looking for some help please. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Just call your former employer and a schedule to a date with them to remove the endpoint encryption together. They will learn from it and you'll receive help. If that doesn't work, try this uninstall password: secret

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Just call your former employer and a schedule to a date with them to remove the endpoint encryption together. They will learn from it and you'll receive help. If that doesn't work, try this uninstall password: secret

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To be honest, I've never heard of anyone's password "expiring."

Of course, this is the first time I've heard of a former employee keeping a laptop with full disk encryption installed. 

Presumably during this time, it was unable to "phone home" to the Endpoint management server to receive updates, etc.

A screenshot of what you see when you attempt to log in might be helpful, but I suspect you're out of luck.

The only way to get into the laptop would be:

• Logging in with a different account that is authorized to so
  • Decrypt the hard drive using the recovery file

I'm guessing you have neither of these files and, given it's been a couple years, your former employer no longer has this information either.

0 Kudos
SKY_Alex
Explorer

Can you suggest any other reason besides the user account expiring, that the password would stop being accepted and an invalid logon message would be displayed? I used it yesterday and turning it on today after it died, I was just unable to log in.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'm not even sure accounts "expire" this way--will have to ask the experts.

A picture of the screen where the password is not accepted would be helpful as it might provide a clue.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Check Point has expiration option for user accounts. I, however, suspect a different issue related to the named employer action. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events