Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Endpoint Reporting

Is there a way to see Endpoint users connection status like Connect has?  If not, can we get an item in Asset Management that we can add in the interface that says 'Connected' as a category in the title bar with a green or grey orb like Connect has? Maybe a red orb if there is a client issue that needs remediation? I can of course run queries but having a default overview in Asset Manager that I can immediately see status like Connect would be amazing.  It would also be nice if we could customize the main overview screen like VMware allows with vCenter.

In general Connect is much easier to use. You get reports that show what things are getting around your in-place protections. I had an instance where several malware services were being allowed but Connect flagged them as high risk (and appeared in my weekly report I get...automatically). I was able to add the URL of the offenders to a block list. Problem solved. With Endpoint you are flying blind. I have not figured out a way to get Endpoint to even send me a basic report.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I don't know that we collect "connected status" with Endpoint the same way we do with Connect.
Are both services managed through Infinity Portal or are you using on-prem Endpoint?

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Management is through Infinity Portal. I also note that the emailed reports provided via Connect have links to collect the report in Infinity Portal. The same report provided by Endpoint does not which limits the emails usefulness in drilling for more details.

I actually prefer getting the report itself emailed to me like I used to get with Connect (that functionality was changed recently). I can see where it might create certain issues in some cases but I liked it better as it required less involvement on my part to peruse my security posture over the given timeframe. Would be nice to see report generation and inclusion instead of just a link to be an option.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Wed 01 May 2024 @ 02:00 PM (EDT)

South US: HTTPS Inspection Best Practices

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)