cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YaseminAygur
Explorer

Credential Protection \ Password Reuse

Hello,

I am using cloud harmony endpoint and I wanted to test the prevent password reuse feature. However, I was unsuccessful.What should I pay attention to? Can you help with any steps you can suggest?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which blades are deployed to the client and how was the testing performed?

Were the protected domains configured and policy saved/installed...

For reference the corresponding section of the admin guide is linked below.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Endpoint-Admin-Guide/... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
YaseminAygur
Explorer

I followed all the steps in the admin guide, but I couldn't find where I was missing.

1. I created a policy in Threat Prevention.
  2. I set it to "prevent" in the web and file protection tab for zero phishing and password reuse.
  3. I added both the domain controller ip address and the domain name to the protected domain part.
  4. I saved the policy and installed it on the computer I want to test.
  5. On my test computer, I clicked update now for the client to receive the policies.
  6. I have activated web extension for chrome and edge.
  7. Then, I tried to enter a site (eg facebook or sahibinden.com) with my domain password, and there was no blocking.

I added the domain as adscanner. But is there a setting I need to make elsewhere?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What format was used for the domain that was specified and which client & OS versions are involved?

At a certain point this might be easier to have a remote session with TAC to investigate further.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
YaseminAygur
Explorer

Thank you for the answer. For example I have two domains dgs.lab and dgs.local.I added these domains to protected domains and defined them as adscanner.I tried the test on two different machines. One is windows server 2019 in dgs.lab domain, the other is Workgroup windows 10.I didn't get good results with either of them. I have forwarded the issue to the technical team.As you said, it makes sense to have a remote session with them.

0 Kudos
AdiGH
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

You will need to login to a protected site at least one time in order for the protection to work.
Did you do it?

Thanks, 
Adi

0 Kudos
YaseminAygur
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.I can login to any site with my domain password from my protected domain environment.I tested this and I can still login.

0 Kudos
AdiGH
Employee
Employee

Hi @YaseminAygur 
Please reach out to me via email with the details of the steps you followed and I'll help you get this resolved. My email address: adigo@checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events