cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alangrig
Participant

Check Point VPN for Apple Silicon M1 ETA

Hi, 

please advise on ETA for Apple Silicon M1?

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

E84.30 (currently in EA) supports the new Apple laptops with Rosetta2. 
Native support of the M1 chips will come later.
If this is critical, please raise the issue with your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos
Lior_Arzi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

M1 is not yet supported on this version.
We are planning to support it on the next version.

(some of the capabilities may work with Rosetta2 but it was not certified yet by the product teams)

0 Kudos
BrettS
Explorer

Not to sound rude, but Big Sur and Apple hardware test devices have been available for almost 5 months. I never seem to get how it (outwardly) seems like no one on the product team even looks at Mac releases until after they ship. It seems wrong for Early Access releases to be needed for operating systems that have already shipped, isn't that Late Access? Many days I just wish the built in macOS VPN could be used so I could skip all the horrible issues this software requirement causes.

SumuduR
Explorer

Capsule for iOS works like a charm in M1 MacBook

0 Kudos
SumuduR
Explorer

try Capsule for iOS. it works like a charm 🙂

0 Kudos
Lior_Arzi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

reposting my answer from few weeks ago:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Endpoint-and-SandBlast-Agent/Check-Point-support-for-Mac-with-M1...

The plan is, as PhoneBoy wrote, to release M1 support on the next release.

But here is a tip.

Just between you and me, and if you promise not to tell anyone else …

From what we have seem so far, M1 probably works with the last E84.30 GA (using Rosetta 2) for most blades beside Threat Emulation, Forensics & Anti Ransomware (untested, non-committed, unsupported, you did not hear it from me).

So you are welcome to try and use it if you want. I know there are several customers who already use it on M1 with no issues.

If you do chose to use it on M1, I will be happy to hear your feedback – good or bad. Just send me a private message.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events