cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP-Shark
Contributor

An unexpected error occurred - SmartEndpoint

Hi guys,

since a few days I cannot work properly in my SmartEndpoint. When I change to User oder Computer details I am receiving the following error:

Screenshot.jpg 

I tried a different Windows profile and have completely removed the SmartConsole and reinstalled it, but without any success.

Any suggestions how I can fix this issue?

Cheers,
CP-Shark

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which version / build of SmartConsole is used?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
CP-Shark
Contributor

SmartConsole is R81 (81.0.9500.559)

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Hi,

I take you also deploy Media Encryption & Port Protection blades?
We've encountered the same issue after we started deploying those blades, I believe it has something to do with characters being used in device characteristics that SmartEndpoint simply doesn't know how to handle.

Though in our case that specific popup isn't something that happens consistently, sometimes it will, sometimes it wont.

0 Kudos
CP-Shark
Contributor

Hi Swiftyyyy.

yes we have deployed Media Encryption & Port Protection blades, but we never had problems with the console. Since a few days we are not able to see computer details and user details. Everything else is working in SmartEndpoint.

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Howard_Gyton
Advisor

I've been getting that message for years, across many differing versions of R8x.  It doesn't tend to break anything, but I find restarting the console clears it up.  I am currently on a fresh R81.10 server, with database migration from R80.30, and I have seen it once in the last two weeks.

Funnily enough I just got it myself.  I was in the native console, viewing policies, and I clicked the "Users and Computers" tab, and up it popped!

unexpected_error.jpg

Once the error is cleared I can then flip through the tabs, and it does not reappear.

Console version is R81.10 (81.10.9600.404).

CP-Shark
Contributor

As mentioned in the beginning. I get this error everytime I will go to User oder Computer details. Sometimes with this error:

Screenshot.jpg

CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Howard_Gyton
Advisor

I don't remember seeing that error though.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events