cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Scott
Participant

82.30 erasing the SetupConfig.ini contents

Has anyone else seen this?

On several of our test systems, the SetupConfig.ini file is completely blank after upgrading to 82.30.0530.

The file has the correct FDE driver path in the ReflectDrivers section on systems that have not been upgraded yet.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Andrew_Scott
Participant

I think you misread my issue.

The instructions state to use this command for UEFI systems in BCDBoot mode:

setup.exe /ConfigFile "%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WSUS\SetupConfig.ini"

This is supposed to work because the file contains the the ReflectDrivers path that tells Windows how to handle encryption.

Here is the contents of SetupConfig.ini on a system running previous versions of Endpoint Security:

[SetupConfig]
ReflectDrivers="C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Full Disk Encryption\Driver"
ResizeRecoveryPartition=Disable

DynamicUpdate=enable

After upgrading to 82.30.0530 though the SetupConfig.ini file is completely blank. This means that Windows no longer knows how to read the data on the FDE encrypted drive and fails the Feature Update.

There were versions about two years ago where the path was incorrectly entered with \\ in the path instead of \ which broke it too.

The file content just seems to be a consistent oversight in build QC.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I said "possibly" relevant because I wasn't quite understanding the implications of the issue. 🙂
In any case, I recommend a TAC case as this clearly shouldn't be happening.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events