cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Help with script to change Log Servers of all gateways on a domain

Hi,

New around here, wondering if anyone could help. I need to change the log servers on all gateways under a domain, so they are centrally managed. Don't want to go to every single one as the number is very high. Any help/suggestion?

Thanks,

Gonçalo

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Vladimir
Pearl

Re: Help with script to change Log Servers of all gateways on a domain

Please clarify:

If you are changing just a Log Server, its one thing, if you are trying to Centrally Manage multiple gateways that are presently not, it is another story.

0 Kudos

The gateways are already centrally managed, just the log servers that need to be changed as I have deployed a new bigger appliance and a secondary.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Danny
Pearl

Which MDSM version are you using?

0 Kudos

I wrote a script for a customer with 32 CMAs and over 900 gateways to do just that. Let me get it cleaned up a bit and I'll post it for you.

Goncalo Barradas‌ I just tested this on my SMS and MDS and will replace the server for you across gateways and cluster objects. You can grab it here; GitHub - WadesWeaponShed/Replace-Log-and-Alert: This will allow you to replace the log and alert ser... 

Thank you Adam, will test it over the weekend. A super thank you really.

Danny Jung

it's an R80.10 and the GW's are R77.30

Adam Forester

Thanks, really appreciate it. In fact we have 20 domains and almost 1500 gateways so that's perfect.

0 Kudos