cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gacki
Participant
Jump to solution

No VPN license

Hello, I have such a problem that every Friday, there is a problem with the VPN for users, some users when they connect they have information that the VPN license is missing. We have 600 licenses available. We have 350 users, so it's very strange as if the sessions from the week don't restart and stick around all the time. Does anyone have any idea how to handle this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In a cluster, each gateway needs to have enough licenses to cover ALL users that connect to ALL cluster members.
This is because remote access sessions are synced (like all others) to all gateway.

If you have 205 licenses and 350 users...you will have license issues if more than 205 users connect to your cluster.
Please consult with your local Check Point office/reseller to obtain the correct license for your use case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You can use this tool to check the status of your VPN licenses and their actual use

0 Kudos
Gacki
Participant

And how to check on only one firewall how many users are connected, because we have 3 firewalls in the cluster that work in load sharing and this script shows the same fw on each one, so I understand that it counts all of them. The only question is whether, as we have licenses for 205 vpn sessions on each fw, they should not add up in general. What does the license subject look like, if the user connects remotely, does he connect to 1 fw and take 1 license from that fw, or takes 1 license from 3 firewalls for 1 license each.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The tool I referred, it shows you all you need.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In a cluster, each gateway needs to have enough licenses to cover ALL users that connect to ALL cluster members.
This is because remote access sessions are synced (like all others) to all gateway.

If you have 205 licenses and 350 users...you will have license issues if more than 205 users connect to your cluster.
Please consult with your local Check Point office/reseller to obtain the correct license for your use case.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events