cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawei_Ye
Collaborator

vSEC license confused

Hi guys,

I recently deploy a environment in Azure,to my luck,the environment works fine.

but one thing:

the Azure GWs managed by a SMS located in non-cloud DC.and this SMS also managed 4 AWS gateways,then AWS have a 72-cores license but it just used 64 cores remaining 8 cores in that pool.

And now,I have a 64 seats license for Azure.but when I use "vsec_central_license"  in SMS to attach license for Azure gateways,but it seems the SMC attached the 72-cores license to them.

but the AWS gateways also have license now.

Have any ways to modify the license attaching to vSEC gateways?

Thanks!

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What size instances are these that you're attaching the licenses to?

0 Kudos
Dawei_Ye
Collaborator

Hi Dameon,

I am using Standard_D5_V2(16 vCores,56GB Memory) in Azure.

I am not sure of the AWS instances size,but it should also be 16 vCores.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You would expect, with four gateways, to push 64 cores total, leaving 8 free in the pool.

You're saying it's pushing all 72 cores?

Since I don't believe there's a way to check this currently (known limitation), how do you know it's doing this?

Can you run a cplic print from each vSEC gateway to show what it's actually applying?

0 Kudos
Dawei_Ye
Collaborator

First time,with four AWS gateways and push a 72 cores license leaving 8 free in pool.

the license name is "VE+72***"

then deployed four Azure GWs and we have import a 64-cores lincense,but when I use "vsec_central_license" to distribute the new 64-cores license to Azure GWs,but it shows it been attached the "VE+72*** license" ,not "VE+64"

here are snapshots:

this is the Azure license status

and this should be the correct "Azure license"

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, the screenshots you provided in SmartUpdate do not provide quite enough detail.

Please execute a cplic print from the actual gateway, as I instructed.

0 Kudos
zsh
Participant

The licensing tool is very limited and seems to have been made in a hurry.

The tool does not seem to have any kind of intelligence to the different types of vSEC gateways. For example if you happen to have (like I do) mixed vSEC gateways (PAYG and BYOL) in same CMA, the tool will attach BYOL licenses to PAYG instances as well :s

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.