Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarpreet_Singh
Contributor
Jump to solution

Want to see real client Public IP at my backend servers. Allow gateways to add X-forwarded-for field

Please help me with this. How to achieve seeing Clients Real Public IP at my backend servers allowing gateways to pass Public IPs through.

~My Network Flow when client tries to open a URL over the internet (Accessing a web page): -

Client --> Internet --> Azure Load balancer (Layer4) --> Cloud Guard IaaS Cluster HA(A-P) R80.30 --> Azure Application Gateway(Layer 7) --> Web Apps (Azure App Services)/Servers

In this architecture I am able to see Clients real Public-IP till the Firewall logs only.

~What I want to achieve: -

I need the same public IP to be seen at the Azure Application Gateway(Layer 7). Which at the moment I am seeing firewalls internal Translated Source IP (Private IP) for each and every request.

AppGW-log.jpg

This is the Application Gateway(Layer 7) logs where I am seeing IP as "clientIP:10.0.11.10" which is my Check Point gateways eth1/port2/internal port. Instead of this I should get real clients public-IP.

~As a knowledge: -

I am using NAT here where All internet as a Original Source gets converted to Gateways port2/eth1 (Hide behind NAT) as Translated Source

AppGW-log.jpg

~Once I am able to see the public IP at Azure Application Gateway(Layer 7), the work is done here.

BR

Amarpreet Singh

0 Kudos
20 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.