AleLovaz82
Contributor

Strange Issue with NSX-V Cloudguard licensing

Hi

I had  NSX-V Cloudguard Service ( 80.10 ) managed by my 81.10 Take 79 MDS

Service-A

Service-A is correctly licensed using this steps :

• deploy the central license on my MDS
  • using cloudguard_config ( at CMA level ) to attach the license to  the correct NSX Cloudguard Service

Cluster name to license details:
1. 'Service-A': 'x.x.x.x never CPSG-VSEC-NSX+16 CPSB-FW CPSB-VPN CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSB-IPS-S1 CPSB-URLF CPSB-APCL-S1 CPSB-AV CPSB-ABOT-S CPSB-ASPM CPSB-CTNT CK-CKCKCKCKCKCK'

Now we had deployed another Service, call it Service-B
I followed the step above ...but the new license is not visibile to cloudguard_config..so when I tell to attach a new license the tool doens't see it at all.

Before telling me to use vsec_lic_cli ... this command only seems to see public cloud Cloudguard Gateways ( we have A LOT between AWS, GCP and OCI correctly seen and licensed )

Any help?

Thx in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R80.10 and NSX-V are both End of Support at this point.
Having said that, this seems like an issue on the management end and a TAC case is probably warranted here to see why it’s not picking up the licenses.
https://help.checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos
AleLovaz82
Contributor

I know but my customer cannot upgrade to NSX-T ,
And if CP sell me the license I expect to be able to use it 🙂

I've already opened a case but everyone in CP points me to vsec_lic_cli ...without success 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Does that include TAC?
There's a similar older thread here with some suggested solutions: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Cloud-Network-Security/Cloudguard-NSX-Licensing-Issues/m-p/13394... 

0 Kudos
AleLovaz82
Contributor

yep, at the moment we are at the dead end.
i've seen that link ,none of them worked for me now 😞

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It could be the reason you are unable to license it correctly is the result of some sort of bug on the gateway side.
That's where End of Support comes into play since we no longer plan to issue any fixes for this release.

If you send me the TAC SR in a PM, I'll have a look and see if anything can be done.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.