cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikolaos_Liakop
Explorer

Cloudguard Hyper-V

Hello,

I am looking for some documentation regarding Cloudguard and Hyper-V and have found nothing !

How can I connect a Hyper-V infrastructure to Checkpoint vsec/cloudguard similar to a vCenter Data Center object ? 

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

To my knowledge this isn't currently possible in a native manner and requires an RFE.

If their is an API or export available from Hyper-V you could potentially combine this with the Generic Datacenter Object feature to achieve the result.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Nikolaos_Liakop
Explorer

What does RFE stand for ?

I don't think hyper-v has a REST API so that I can call it via a Generic Datacenter Object.

Is there any public documentation that I may be missing ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

RFE = Request for Enhancement. Discuss with your local Check Point SE.

There won't be any documentation available as the feature currently doesn't exist, likely due to the absence of the API that you've referenced.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Nikolaos_Liakop
Explorer

Fair enough.

However since its not yet supported why on sk132552 (Check Point CloudGuard Network for Private Cloud solutions) lists Hyper-V among others ?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Because you can run/host a Check Point Gateway (R80.40+) on Hyper-V like you can on other hypervisors.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Nikolaos_Liakop 

That SK is for platforms supported to run on Hyper-V. Your question is different, you want Hyper-V objects to be re-used on an external GW as part of the policy, right? If so, the only way today to run this is to use Generic Data Center Object, sk167210, as @Chris_Atkinson mentioned already.

If you need native support, please open an RFE with your local Check Point representative.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.