Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chethan_m
Collaborator
Jump to solution

CloudGuard - Remote Access SSL-VPN Connectivity Issue

Hi Everyone,

I'm practicing deploying CloudGuard Network Security Solution on Azure Public Cloud and I'm facing connectivity issues with setting up Remote-Access VPN.

On the web-browser, I can see that the gateway is resetting the connection: "It looks like <GW-Pub-IP-Addr> closed the connection -> ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" 

The Architecture:

• CloudGuard Single Gateway deployed with 2 interfaces: eth0 and eth1. The static public IP is assigned to eth0:1 sub-interface.
  • The SMS is on an on-premise VMware Workstation.
  • IPsec VPN and Mobile Access VPN blades are enabled on the gateway.

I followed this SK article: Check Point Reference Architecture for Azure. The best practices section speaks about the IPsec VPN, Link Selection Source IP Address settings, where it says to select the private IP address of the gateway's external interface to ensure that the Gateway in the Azure cloud sends encrypted traffic with the source address set to its private IP address.

Is there anything similar to do for Remote Access VPN configuration as well?

• Anti-Spoofing is disabled on both external and internal interfaces.
  • I suspected there might be a conflict with Web-UI and changed the web ssl-port from 443 to 4434. Even then the issue persists.

Could anyone help me to know what should I be troubleshooting for, please?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chethan_m
Collaborator
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version/JHF level?
When you say "this SK article" what precise one?
Also, what precise client are you using here to connect?

Changing the WebUI port shouldn't be necessary here, as we handle this via Multiportal.

0 Kudos
chethan_m
Collaborator

What version/JHF level? >>>> R81.10 JHF Take 95

When you say "this SK article" what precise one? >>>> SK Article: Check Point Reference Architecture for Azure

Also, what precise client are you using here to connect? >>>> Checkpoint Endpoint Security VPN and from Web Browser

Changing the WebUI port shouldn't be necessary here, as we handle this via Multiportal. >>>> 

You're right. Not only https://<ip>/sslvpn URL, it looks like even the GAIA WebUI is also refusing to connect over port 443. But it works when I change the port to 4434.

0 Kudos
chethan_m
Collaborator

The solution to my problem was found here (sk115732): Unable to connect to Gaia Portal on port 443 (checkpoint.com)

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Thanks for sharing

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.