cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Swe
Explorer

Password reuse subdomains

Hey,

We got a installation of Harmony Endpoint running on all org PCs. We are having some not so very user friendly issues. Our situation: We got a protected domaindomain.se. Basically all our internal services are then based on subdomains to this domain, for example git.domain.se. The domain and all the subdomain services are connected to our AD and use one and the same corporate password.

The problem we are having is when a user gets a notification about password reuse on for example externaldomain.com because the password is guarded by git.domain.se. So the user logs out, logs in again with the new password and opens a browser again. They navigate to git.domain.se login there to make sure the new password i cached instead of the old one. But now when they login into externaldomain.com they instead get a notification from example.domain.se, they repeat the processes there to make sure the new password is cached there aswell. I think you can see where this is going. With 10+ different subdomains this becomes unsustainable for our users.

Is there a solution where all of the subdomains gets the new password cached when for example git.domain.se gets the new password cached? I tried guading homepage.domain.se but it uses SSO so that had no success either. In a perfect world, one cached subdomain should be enough because when the password is changed in the main domain it also changes in all the subdomains. Alternativly, is there a way to easily clear out the cached password that the webprotection is holding?

Thank you in advance.

//Ben

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdiGH
Employee
Employee

Hi Ben, 

I would like to better understand the problem. Please reach out to us via the feedback button in your portal and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks,

Adi

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events