cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GermanP
Explorer

Run a script with Ansible on R80.40

Hi

I am trying to run a script on a Firewall running R80.40 from an Ansible playbook, however I'm getting errors. What I did is this:

- I created a test playbook:

---
- name: Check Point test
  hosts: all
  connection: httpapi
  tasks:
    - name: Save configuration
      cp_mgmt_run_script:
      script_name: "Save configuration"
      script: clish -c "save config"
      wait_for_task: no
      targets:
        - Standalone-Ansible

If I run this playbook, I get the following output:

PLAY [Check Point test] ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Gathering Facts] *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [10.0.18.84]

TASK [Save configuration] ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
changed: [10.0.18.84]

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10.0.18.84 : ok=2 changed=1 unreachable=0 failed=0 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

So, it seems to work, right? well, not really. If I log into the Check Point Smart Console, I see that the task is still "running" with a 10% completion. And it never finishes or even progresses, I've let it run for two days.

Now, if I change the playbook, specifically this option:

wait_for_task: no

to

wait_for_task: yes

then I get the following output:

PLAY [Check Point test] ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Gathering Facts] *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [10.0.18.84]

TASK [Save configuration] ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [10.0.18.84]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": {"code": "generic_err_invalid_parameter", "message": "ERROR: Failed to handle asynchronous tasks as synchronous, tasks result is undefined.\nInvalid parameter for [task-id]. Invalid value"}}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10.0.18.84 : ok=1 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

So, it failed, right? well, the Check Point Smart Console says that the task completed successfully, but since Ansible receives an error, the playbook stops.

Now: how do I solve this? it seems no matter what I do, I get an error somewhere and the script does not work. Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You might try changing the script to:

• clish -c "save config"; exit

Of course, I'd be curious what other things you're trying to do that requires a save config.
Tagging @Or_Soffer also.

0 Kudos
GermanP
Explorer

Thanks for replying, however changing the script had no effect over the errors I get. I'm using "save config" more like a test command, however no matter what I try, even the simplest script,  ( "ls -l /" or "clish -c 'show configuration'") fails. In summary, I have not been able to run successfully any script using this Ansible module.

0 Kudos
GermanP
Explorer

Hi guys, any other ideas on this issue are welcome. I am inclined to think this is some kind of bug, but it seems strange to me that nobody seems to have reported it. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events