Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMM
Participant

Anisble support for simple cluster and SIC

I am using check_point.mgmt.cp_mgmt_simple_cluster module to create a cluster with two members.

When I create the resource the first time Ansible creates the cluster, the members and establishes the SIC using the one_time_password. If i make any changes to the existing resource using Ansible the resource is changes as desired, but the module also breaks the trust relationship (SIC).

So, the module can only be used once to create a cluster with trusted members, but cannot be used to maintain the config of these members.

It can be reproduces to use the simple cluster task and create the resource and members (with one_time_password per member specified). Then make a change e.g. the cluster color and re-run the playbook. After applying the change the SIC is broken.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version/JHF of gateways and management?
What version of the Ansible collection?

0 Kudos
RMM
Participant

Hi @PhoneBoy ,

The versions used are:

management: R81.10

gateways: R81.10

Anisble collection: 5.1.1

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What JHF?
In any care, this will most likely require TAC assistance: https://help.checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos
RMM
Participant

R81.10 jumbo hotfix Take 95

0 Kudos
Erik_Lagzdins
Employee Employee
Employee

I believe there's an issue with the module and I will report it internally.

I was able to replicate the problem with an R81.20 JHF14 MDS and the latest Mgmt modules (5.1.3). I can confirm I was not able to replicate the problem with the cp_mgmt_simple_gateway module, only the cp_mgmt_simple_cluster module.

0 Kudos
RMM
Participant

Thanks a lot Erik.

A bit offtopic, but it seems a similar problem exists in the Terraform provider as well for simple cluster.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events