cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hadi
Explorer

show vpn-communities-star does not retrieve all communities

Hello All,

I have written a script uses " show vpn-communities-star" to collect all star communities list from a CMA.

mgmt_cli show vpn-communities-star --format json -s /tmp/session | jq -r '.objects | .[] | .name'

the output does not list all communities and some of them are missed (validating via smart console).

I did search "show-generic-objects " to compare two communities one of them listed and the other one missed and it seems they are pretty same.

====================================Does not exist in show vpn-communities-star output=====

[Expert@MDSXXXX:0]# mgmt_cli show-generic-objects name Mxyz-ABC --format json -s /session | jq -r '.'
{
"objects": [
{
"uid": "79a70f1e-b2db-44ce-936b-1bc9c390c501",
"name": "Mxyz-ABC",
"type": "vpn-community-star",
"domain": {
"uid": "c69f3b38-6f03-224b-b6d6-56a179f3d59b",
"name": "CUSTXXX",
"domain-type": "domain"
}
}
],
"from": 1,
"to": 1,
"total": 1
}
[Expert@MDSXXX:0]#
=================================Does exist in show vpn-communities-star output=====
[Expert@MDSXXX:0]# mgmt_cli show-generic-objects name ABCD_EFG_IJK --format json -s /session | jq -r '.'
{
"objects": [
{
"uid": "38ceaf25-e2b1-48f1-936e-4363b86a1d92",
"name": "ABCD_EFG_IJK",
"type": "vpn-community-star",
"domain": {
"uid": "c69f3b38-6f03-224b-b6d6-56a179f3d59b",
"name": "CUSTXXX",
"domain-type": "domain"
}
}
],
"from": 1,
"to": 1,
"total": 1
}
[Expert@MDSXXX:0]#

Anyone had same issue with "show vpn-communities-star" retrieved communities list?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adam_Forester
Ambassador
Ambassador

@Hadi 3 things to watch;

1. limit - default is to display the first 50 results. Max is 500

2. off-set - default is 0 you can move this around to display different results

3. details-level - if your missing info then this will be where you want to set. Setting to Full will get you the most details

mgmt_cli show vpn-communities-star limit 500 offset 0 details-level "full"

This is where I would start and didn't see it in your command. If you have more VPN communities than 500 you can do a while loop to cycle through.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events