cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amir_Arama
Advisor

monitoring & automation for checkpoint FWs

Hi,

i recently discovered companies that develops software that query GWs ongoing on many aspects.

get acceleration status, corexl status, vpn, errors in messages file, analyse online which ips protection cause the high cpu peak. read connection table to optimize things. etc. so for example someone turn off sxl you will get alert, someone left sniffer running you get alert, coredumps created you will get alert. high cpu you will get details on what caused it.

i want to know if there is some tool that you know that was developed and do that? Free or with cost. cause i want to test and compare between different tools/softwares.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We have a specific tool to assist with figuring out which IPS signatures may be causing a CPU issue: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

We also offer a service called Check Point Pro that will monitor your systems and proactively open TAC cases for specific issues.
You can get a trial of this—Check with your local office.

Indeni is a third party tool that monitors Check Point and other devices.

There are probably others out there, but this is what immediately comes to mind.

Art_Zalenekas
Employee
Employee

Amir,

I have seen some people use a commercial product called Indeni for GWs monitoring.
https://indeni.com/check-point-firewalls/ 

I have not personally worked with it, but I have seen the software in action.

Stuart_Green1
Employee
Employee

There are lots of monitoring solutions available, both commercial and open-source. I've worked with Zenoss, Zabbix and Nagios on the open-source side. Each of them required a bit of effort both in terms of configuration but also writing agents / scripts to do more customised monitoring like you mention. I've used WhatsUp Gold before and it felt a little dated (might have been updated since - it was about 3-5 years ago). It was a little easier to setup but felt more limited than the open-source versions (could have just been my inexperience with the product though). 

Snir
Explorer

You should check Backbox

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Also, Indeni, Firemon, and a dozens of others 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events