Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth_Gil
Explorer

There is possible access S3 objects using R80 APIs, or this is exclusive for vSEC product?

I want to send archive backup files to a S3 Bucket, from my on-prem Mgmt Server R80.10 (Gaia/OpenServer) but the only documentation that I found so far is for vSEC for AWS. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_Lawrenc
Contributor

My GUESS is that, no you wouldn't be able to use the Check Point API to access your S3 bucket from outside your AWS infrastructure.  S3 is an Amazon thing, not a Check Point thing. S3 access from the outside is going to require IAMs and all that good stuff - it really is (as I understand it) designed for storage of assets for use by other AWS assets (EC2 instances, EBS setups, etc.)  that then serve things out via web interfaces.  It's easy enough to post to an S3 bucket with web code, but that's not the case with a Check Point box.  It's not a web server Smiley Happy

Surely, there is a way to skin this cat, but I don't think it's going to be Check Point API.  You'll probably need to write a script using an AWS SDK that knows how to talk to the AWS API and such.  If anybody knows how to do that on a Check Point box, I am all ears.

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Gil
Explorer

Thanks, Michael is what I'm going to do.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

vSEC doesn't directly interface with S3 at all.

That said, it's relatively easy to upload files to an S3 bucket using curl and a shell script similar to the following: Uploading to S3 in 18 lines of Shell (used to upload builds for http://soltrader.net) · GitHub 

I personally haven't tested this, but can't think of reason why it wouldn't work.

0 Kudos
Elizabeth_Gil
Explorer

Thanks, Dameon very useful information.  I was thinking that I was going to need a specific Library or something. I will work with this script.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events