cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoMaD_dk
Explorer

Scripted deployment of logserver for VSX

Hi

We are currently deploying our Virtual System (VS) on VSX using a script. The script makes use of the vsx_provisioning_tool to create the actual VS on the MDS, after the Domain has been created using the API. Works well, al be it, with some quirks.

We have been tasked with adding a log-server to each VS. (so multidomain logserver I guess) We are running 90+ VS's, so I would like a way to do this preferably via the API but perhaps some alternative way could do it as well, like through the CLI. Anything is better than all those mouse-clicks.

I have not found a single reference in the API reference-guide about log-servers nor have I found evidence that vsx_provisioning_tool can do it.

Is there a way?

We are running version 81.10 currently.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If it can't be done via vsx_provisioning_tool, it probably can't be done.
Having said that, it's worth pointing out this should be possible with VSnext in R82.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Speaking of, I just noticed in APIv1.9.1, set-simple-gateway has a send-logs-to-server key which accepts an object with an add key, an object with a remove key, a string, or a list of strings.

set-simple-cluster has the same send-logs-to-server key, which accepts an object but not any of the other forms. It also doesn't have a schema for the object it accepts. I haven't tested, but it seems likely to be a documentation bug rather than an actual difference in the API. A few other keys in set-simple-cluster look like they have the same problem.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Starting from R80.40 JHF Take 78 (API version 1.6.1), there is option to add logserver on MDS over API:

add mds

you need to use "server-type" parameter with "multi-domain log server" value.

This command is available only after logging in to the System Data domain (--domain 'System Data').

You then need to use "set domain" to assign newly added multi-domain log server to specific domain.

But how to add this logserver into VS ... thats most likely possible only manually using SmartConsole.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events