cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elaymorozov
Explorer
Jump to solution

Peculiar issue when setting logging level R80.30 Api

So last week I finally had a chance to put some of api magic to good use .

Our environment  runs multiple R80.10  gateway clusters with  R80.30  management server (NOT mds ) .

Following recent to and fro with auditors we decided to tweak few things , re-group a lot of hosts and adjust how we log things .

Rule shifting , group management , adding and removing bunch of hosts , editing colors etc. Sounds like ideal case for API  to be used .

Yours truly  gleefully opened Smart console cli  and went to api the **bleep** out of it (thank you Mark Watney).

It went smoothly and was genuine fun right until the logging bit .

Either I am missing something , or not getting the method but it seems like there is no api means to adjust the logging level on specific rule .

Create rule - check 

enable track  (log) - check 

But whatever I could think of setting LOG to cover connection and session nothing seems to do it .

I wonder if there is a way to capture specific command issued by GUI version of Smartconsole to replicate in API .

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
elaymorozov
Explorer

Good afternoon , PhoneBoy .

Thank you for providing the link , so promptly .

Not precisely what I was after , but this definitely led me to the correct answers .

I think I agree with Vlad Tone   the formal guide could use a bit of editing in my case I was after SmartConsole GUI

command structure and this can be somewhat difficult to follow 

For the benefit of everyone who needs to mass tweak logging , or other parameters here is the final gist:

set access-rule uid <long uid jibrish > layer "name of your security layer" track.accounting true

It may be knowledge gap on my part , however the exact way to apply these sub settings did not come to me from the manuals at all .Not until I ve reviewed some of the guys to and fro  and realised command structures between various terminals differ .

Thanks again 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
There shouldn't be too many differences between using mgmt_cli and the CLI in SmartConsole.
That said, the SmartConsole CLI is less ideal if a bunch of changes need to be made at once.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
elaymorozov
Explorer

Good afternoon , PhoneBoy .

Thank you for providing the link , so promptly .

Not precisely what I was after , but this definitely led me to the correct answers .

I think I agree with Vlad Tone   the formal guide could use a bit of editing in my case I was after SmartConsole GUI

command structure and this can be somewhat difficult to follow 

For the benefit of everyone who needs to mass tweak logging , or other parameters here is the final gist:

set access-rule uid <long uid jibrish > layer "name of your security layer" track.accounting true

It may be knowledge gap on my part , however the exact way to apply these sub settings did not come to me from the manuals at all .Not until I ve reviewed some of the guys to and fro  and realised command structures between various terminals differ .

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
There shouldn't be too many differences between using mgmt_cli and the CLI in SmartConsole.
That said, the SmartConsole CLI is less ideal if a bunch of changes need to be made at once.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events