cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majorluk
Explorer

Need Help with Automating Device Information Gathering in MDS Environment

Hi everyone!

I'm reaching out for some advice because I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

We have an MDS environment and are developing automation scripts for compliance checks and read/write operations. Currently, I need to list all devices across all domains and download their configurations using the MDS CLI. I then execute commands remotely on Gaia and Gaia Embedded appliances.

The challenge is that, as part of a central team, I don’t have direct access to the firewalls but still need to gather all their information (yes, I know, it’s a bit ironic given the situation!).

We’re using the API show-gateways-and-servers call to gather appliance information, but the output is quite limited. It’s missing important details like:

• Serial number
  • MAC address
  • HA status (active/standby)
  • Exact model
  • Jumbo Hotfix (JHF) version
  • License details

I was thinking of using remote execution to gather this info manually, but with around 800-1500 gateways globally, it’s taking forever to go through them all.

Is there anything you can recommend to speed this up or make the process more efficient? Also, what specific commands can I run on Gaia, Gaia Embedded, or Gaia VM to extract all the necessary details?

Any help would be much appreciated—my brain is fried and I could really use a nudge in the right direction! 😅

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events