cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voytech23
Explorer

Identity Awareness Web API in Cluster mode

Hey,

I am trying to integrate 3rd party NAC (based on OpenRADIUS) with Checkpoint R81.10 using Identity Web API.

What i want to send is "add-identity" like described here: Add Identity (v1.0) 

Does anybody know if Web API configuration might be different in Cluster mode than in single Gateway?

Because I was able to successfully configure Web API in my LAB environment (virtual machine) many times, send username + IP address to Checkpoint without problem and check in pdp if it's correct.

At the same time I struggle to configure Web API for my client, but they have Checkpoint 15400 in Cluster mode, also R81.10.

I even tried sending API requests using curl but it didn't return any error, just standard HTML output. It looked like Web API wasn't even turned on but in "Device Status" Identity Awareness had green status, no errors, no problems.

This is my curl command working in LAB and not working in client's environment. Should I modify this command to make it working with Checkpoint Cluster?

curl -k -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{\"shared-secret\":\"SECRET\",\"ip-address\":\"192.168.29.110\",\"user\":\"test\"}" https://192.168.55.121/_IA_API/idasdk/add-identity

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Are you positive that Identity API is enabled on both cluster members, and that you are connecting to the private IP addresses and NOT VIP of the cluster? 

0 Kudos
voytech23
Explorer

Thank you for the reply. I tried all IP addressess without luck, but mostly I was connecting to the private IP of the gateway.

Thank you for the hint about enabling API on both members, I will have to verify this setting with the client.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events