Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verian_Mancina
Participant

How to "Get Topology" on a gateway with the API?

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gary_Lipets
Participant

The only way seems to do something like in the example below; where you have to define the interfaces, which makes it not as helpful in my mind. 

add simple-gateway name "gw1" color "YELLOW" ipv4-address "192.0.2.230" version "R80" one-time-password "aaaa" firewall true vpn true application-control true url-filtering true ips true anti-bot true anti-virus true threat-emulation true interfaces.1.name "eth0" interfaces.1.ipv4-address "192.0.2.230" interfaces.1.ipv4-network-mask "255.255.255.128" interfaces.1.anti-spoofing true interfaces.1.topology "EXTERNAL" interfaces.2.name "eth1" interfaces.2.ipv4-address "192.0.2.88" interfaces.2.ipv4-network-mask "255.255.255.0" interfaces.2.anti-spoofing true interfaces.2.topology "INTERNAL" --format json  • "--format json" is optional. By default the output is presented in plain text.
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Short answer: not at this time.

Slightly longer answer: There are many operations that still use CPMI and are not exposed by the R80.x APIs yet.

This includes many things with gateway objects... including "get topology."

It is expected to be addressed in later releases.

0 Kudos
Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

Are there any news on this feature? I'm also working on a setup that would be much better if I could update topology settings from the API (or even clish/ssh).

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

No, not yet.

But you can use dbedit utility instead.

Robert.

0 Kudos
vivekachar09
Explorer

@PhoneBoy  Is this API available yet. We have some vpnt interfaces that are configured on the CG instance and need to be discovered as part of 'Get Topology'. For Automation purposes we need an API for the same.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It is not available yet and can't speak to the precise roadmap.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events