cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiguelRosa
Explorer

Getting differences between Global Domain Assignment through API call

Hello all,

Is there a way to check on a specific MDS Domain what are the differences received from a "Global Domain Assignment" operation? For example, after creating a host on the Global Domain, and publishing + reassigning to all Domains, is there an API command I can use to be able to check for differences and this way see that a new global host was created and is now available on the local domain? I can use "show changes" but it only tells a "Global Domain Assignment" operation was performed but can't see what were the objects created / edited / deleted. 

Thank you in advance.

Miguel Rosa

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would think this information might be in the audit logs.

0 Kudos
MiguelRosa
Explorer

Correct but seen as a modification on the Global Policy - would need to do 'show changes' on the Global MDS and not on the specific Domain. The problem is that we would like to 'ask' the specific Domain about differential changes after the reassignment was done and the only option for now seems to be to get a full list of all objects (and compare with previous revision) instead of being able to obtain a differential list.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, this information is not communicated to the domain, thus not something you can query at the domain level.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

good question.

HINT: Avoid using global objects in local rules / groups

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events