Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmos
Advisor

Discard a Disconnected Session

I have a disconnected session with 1 unpublished change I wish to discard on R80.30 HFA 50 management, without disrupting service. Because no session timeout is configured.

The session is over a year old and I could cpstop/cpstart but I can't, because I need to take a backup/export of the server without disrupting service 🙂

Of the two backup options (system backup and migrate export) we can only use migrate export, because HFA >215 is required to take a backup without disconnecting clients.

Migrate export fails because ambiguous error

Migrate export log says it's because unpublished changes, but the GUI provides no option to discard those changes (even when Application in use is SmartView Monitor).

But I cannot discard or take over the session in the GUI, because of some unknown reason.

mgmt_cli show session run as the user only shows the current API session not the ones logged in with a GUI client. If I could get the session ID I would use mgmt_cli discard - is there a way to get the GUI session UUID from the API? Because potential results in the community result in "Access Denied" despite being logged in.

So I search the community directly, because I got no answers from documentation or SK. No dice. I know, let's post a question! I have to back track because... the "create a post" button is missing the community search results page.

Because because because.

And I can't post this because "An Unexpected Error has occurred."

I'm sensing a theme here...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The errors in the community likely occurred while we were doing a bit of housekeeping earlier today.
Those issues should be fixed now.

In any case, the TAC can assist you in removing that "stuck" session in your management server.

0 Kudos
cosmos
Advisor

Impeccable timing 🙂

Regarding the stuck session, I was able to follow sk133872 and discard changes from the affected session.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Good to hear you found the solution 🙂

0 Kudos
Igor_Demchenko
Participant

I had the same trouble.

But i had to change this request 

psql_client cpm postgres -c "select applicationname,objid,creator,state,numberoflocks,numberofoperations,creationtime,lastmodifytime from worksession where state = 'OPEN' and (numberoflocks = '0' or numberofoperations != '0');"

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events