cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dariusz
Participant

Disappearing custom script file

Hi,

I have some problem with custom script running via cron on Management Server.

There is a file with custom script. Script run some mgmt_cli commands. All works perfectly but every two weeks after last modification of script file, the file with script is gone. Cron job was created as described sk77300. 

How to find what is deleting script file? I was looking in messages file - nothing found, checked cron tasks list - nothing.

Is there some mechanism or hidden task on Check Point that could delete custom script files?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Where precisely are you putting the script?

0 Kudos
Dariusz
Participant

Script is stored in subdirectory of home for user skrypty:

/home/skrypty/raporty_dobowe/skrypt_raporty.sh

and content of file skrypt_raporty.sh 

#!/bin/bash -f

source /opt/CPshrd-R80.30/tmp/.CPprofile.sh

mgmt_cli -r true show-group name "Gr_Blocked_by_IOI" --format json | jq '.members[] | [.name, ."ipv4-address"] | @csv' -r > /home/skrypty/raporty_dobowe/raport_dobowy_$(date +"%d_%m_%Y").csv

mgmt_cli -r true show-group name "Gr_Blocked_by_IOI_FQDN" --format json | jq '.members[] | [.name] | @csv' -r > /home/skrypty/raporty_dobowe_FQDN/raport_dobowy_FQDN_$(date +"%d_%m_%Y").csv

sshpass -p XXXXX scp /home/skrypty/raporty_dobowe/raport_dobowy_$(date +"%d_%m_%Y").csv ioc@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:/opt/CPBlackIP

if it matters management server runs on R80.30 version.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Nothing should be deleting anything out of the home directory automatically.
You can try using a chattr +i on the script file so it can't be deleted normally. 
Recommend a TAC case to investigate this. 

Dariusz
Participant

OK, thank you for answer, will try with chattr :).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events