vinceneil666
Advisor
Jump to solution

Checkpoint scaleset, terraform

Hi,

I have implemented scaleset using the terraform files found at:

https://github.com/CheckPointSW/CloudGuardIaaS

This work real fine - but I am having an issue with the management ip settings;

**management_interface** | Management option for the Gateways in the VMSS | string | "eth0-public" - Manages the GWs using their external NIC's public IP address; <br/> "eth0-private" -Manages the GWs using their external NIC's private IP address; <br/>"eth1-private" - Manages the GWs using their internal NIC's private IP address |

I have set the management-interface to "eth0-public", but it does not provide public ip to the NIC's ? Is it some kind of bug or a workaround for this ? Anyone know ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @vinceneil666 

The management interface purpose is to set the way that the management and each GW in the VMSS will communicate. It doesn't deploy anything.

As stated if set to eth0-public for example, the MGMT will attempt to establish SIC and communicate to the GWs using the GW public IP (which resides on eth0).  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @vinceneil666 

The management interface purpose is to set the way that the management and each GW in the VMSS will communicate. It doesn't deploy anything.

As stated if set to eth0-public for example, the MGMT will attempt to establish SIC and communicate to the GWs using the GW public IP (which resides on eth0).  

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events