For those that don’t know me, I’m Phil and I’m a Security Engineer working for Check Point in Australia. Like most people I found myself with a lot of extra time during COVID and for one of my hobbies, I decided to start a project a while ago with the intention to demonstrate some automation capabilities of Check Point & Azure using various 3rd party tools.
The idea here was to:
- Document my own learnings on this topic and use this as a reference point for future improvements to the project
- Educate people on how useful DevOps and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) can be when working with Infrastructure deployment and configuration from saving you time to eliminating human error and optimizing processes
- Apply this concept with a security focus to the Public Cloud – an area that is slowly becoming the new norm for many enterprises today.
- Provide a basic explanation how some of these tools work so that it is easy to consume for people who are not developers / programmers by trade
- Provide a template and a lab for interested people to try this out for themselves – after all the best way to learn is by doing!
Take a look at the attached PDF and let me know what you think!
Note - all the code can be found in my github repo here: