Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phlrnnr
Advisor
Jump to solution

Are there default timeouts for asynchronous actions?

Are there any default timeouts for certain asynchronous actions such as publish, install-policy, etc?  I'm writing code that will publish changes, and then monitor the task-id associated with that publish action.  Knowing how long Checkpoint will wait before a certain task will timeout and (I assume) mark the task status as 'failed' will help me be able to write smarter code.

The main ones I'm interested in are:

publish

verify-policy

install-policy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Phillip,

You do not have to worry about async operations timeouts. As long as you call the show-task command, the connection will remain opened until a final result will arrive, and it will.

BTW, regarding the publish operation - I suggest calling it every ~100 CRUD operations to avoid heavy loads.

If you use the mgmt_cli command line tool, it will wait for you.

Robert.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Phillip,

You do not have to worry about async operations timeouts. As long as you call the show-task command, the connection will remain opened until a final result will arrive, and it will.

BTW, regarding the publish operation - I suggest calling it every ~100 CRUD operations to avoid heavy loads.

If you use the mgmt_cli command line tool, it will wait for you.

Robert.

Indiana_Zhao
Explorer

Robert,

When I try to get the publishing progress, it always return 60% before it is done.

Is this normal?

Indiana

Robert_Decker
Advisor

Hi Indiana,

This is normal, do not worry about it.

Robert.

Ralph_Pho
Explorer

Phillip,

Default connection timeout for web_api is 5 minutes, mgmt_cli is 3 minutes.

Robert_Decker
Advisor

this is correct, but when calling the show-task command, the connection is always kept-alive.

robert.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events