Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nãbru
Contributor

API X TACACS

Hi friends,

I'm facing a difficult problem regarding the API

Today we are using TACACS , and to escalate the necessary privileges, type a set command to go up to expert next.

I'm trying to integrate an application with rest api, but I'm getting error that the user doesn't have necessary privileges.

The configuration in the manager is with ALL IP ADDRESSES

but we are getting login error, and using curl to try to login we get error 401

When we use tacacs does the api need some kind of privilege?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Which API? Management (to define firewall objects and rules) or OS-level (to define things like routes and interfaces)?

0 Kudos
nãbru
Contributor

API Management only

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

For the management API, permissions are controlled exclusively through the user's permissions profile. Log in to SmartConsole, go to Manage & Settings > Permissions & Administrators. The user must be defined there, and must have a permissions profile.

0 Kudos
nãbru
Contributor

This has already been done, but I get an insufficient privileges error.

My question was about tacacs in relation to the API, if you need any different privileges to use the API. Since local admin has been disabled and everything goes through tacacs

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

For the management API, no. Like I said, those permissions are controlled exclusively through the user's permissions profile. Management supports central authentication, but not central identification or authorization. Permissions and group memberships are totally ignored. Only the permissions profile matters.

nãbru
Contributor

Do you know what reasons might have related to insufficient privileges error.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events