Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Extend your Check Point CCSE certification ONLINE!

Check Point CCSE certification extension is available online on Pearson VUE!

Check Point provides a series of Internet based exams that candidates can take on their personal computers without having to travel to a Pearson VUE testing center.
Two of these accreditation exams within a two-year period will extend your CCSE certification for 12 months.
  • 156-727 – Threat Prevention
  • 156-728 – Gaia Overview
  • 156-729 – Advanced IPS
  • 156-730 – SandBlast
  • 156-733 – Mobile Threat Protection
Language: English
Exam Availability: Exam must be completed online within 2 days of purchase
Of course, Check Point still encourages CCSE certified individuals to upgrade their certifications using either the 156-820 exam for the CCMSE certification or the 156-115 exam for the Check Point Certified Security Master certification.
17 Replies
EdesLC
Collaborator

Nice post.

Ricardo_Oliveir
Explorer

Really nice!

Arturo_Ochoa
Explorer

If i have the SandBlast certification and another accreditation exam and THEN get the CCSE certification, will it count or the time extension?

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The 2 accreditations towards the CCSE extension were designed to come after getting the CCSE not before.

Thanks,

Jason

Lloyd_Barnett
Contributor

and what is the ruling on taking one of the one-day training tracts while at CPX? the old line was it adds 6-months to your certs.  is this still true?

Alan Stanwyck: "If you reject the proposition, you keep the thousand – and your mouth shut."
Fletch: "Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?"
Alan Stanwyck: "It’s nothing of a sexual nature, I assure you."
Fletch: "Yeah, I assure you."
Alan Stanwyck: "One thousand just to listen. I don’t see how you can pass that up, Mister…?"
Fletch: "Nugent. Ted Nugent."
0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The post-conference training at CPX will extend your certification for 6 months provided that you registered with the same email as your certifications, and your certification is current and not expired.  We are still processing the list of attendees but feel free to email me directly to check your extension.

Thanks,

Tug

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Tug: Does the pre-conference training at CPX 2019 again extend all participants certification by 6 months? The usual extension is not mentioned this year on checkpoint.com/cpx

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Danny, the pre-conf training will not extend certification this year.  However...take a look at the alternative.

Thanks,

Tug

Check out our Emerging Technology Cyber Range at CPX360!

Completing the challenge will automatically grant 6 months extension to your existing CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, etc

It is the most innovative Training platform bringing Blue team (Defending w/ Check Point R80.20) vs. Red team (Attackers).

Please encourage your customers & Partners to join us on the upcoming CPX360 (Bangkok, Vegas, Vienna), Sign up now to secure your FREE spot at our Cyber Range in CPX360 during Expo hours*

*Each session will take 45 minutes

Please arrive 10 min prior to your scheduled slot

6 months extension will be granted based on completing the challenge

Bring your charged laptop with you, all the rest is on us!

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Great, I already signed up for the Cyber Range in Vienna on Monday evening, but didn't receive a confirmation yet.

See: Red Team vs Blue Team in the Cyber Range @ CPX 360!

Efrem_Bottani
Explorer

>>Exam Availability: Exam must be completed online within 2 days of purchase

And what about the exam duration?

Thanks, Efrem

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Efrem,

The accreditation exams are 40 questions / 60 minutes.

Thanks,

Tug

Efrem_Bottani
Explorer

Thanks Jason,

and where can I find study material regarding those accreditation exams?

Efrem

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

None of the accreditation's have specific Study Guides, but the courses and material for IPS, SandBlast and Threat Prevention is available from our ATC's.

Any others would be based on general product knowledge and being that they are un-proctored, they are essentially "open book" exams.

Thanks,

Tug

Adrien_Buchwald
Explorer

Hello Jason,

If I complete the two open book exams before the 30th I can have a extention to my ccse. However, my ccse has expired already. Would completing these certify me once more and bring back my ccse into a valid state or is this just for individuals with valid ccse certifications?

Thank You
Adrien

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

We will still extend your CCSE...still got time!

Thanks,

Tug

domenico_darrig
Explorer

Hello, 

is this still valid? I want to renew my CCSE , so I wanted to take 2 of these exam for extending the validity, but I can't find more info about this.

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Sorry this was stopped in 2018. 

See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Training-and-Certification/Accreditations-extending-the-CCSE-End...

So to renew a CCSE use the R80 CCSE Update exam (#156-915.80)

This and other questions are addressed in our Education Services Information & FAQsk163417

Check it out.

Regards,

Tug

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events